Tuesday 16 October 2012

I Pad3

I Pad3

Just finished watching my local CBS anchor interview some expert about the latest i-Pad3...which Apple is not calling i-Pad3. The anchor looked puzzled, (no independent prior research perhaps?) but ultimately aware of hosting essentially, a four minute commercial for Apple, asked something to the effect of, "Is there a downside - anything wrong with them?"After a beat the so-called expert shrugged, waffled, and then said,"I don't think so."This folks, is why they call it "Media" not "Journalism."Yo, Channel 8! Here's a couple things wrong with the i-Pad3. Or as Apple says, "The New iPad."Apple uses Siri. To quote an old Chris Isaak song, "Baby did a bad, bad thing."As Apple uses both Siri and Yelp, it's important to remember the old computer geek saying. Garbage in, garbage out.And what's that say about how Apple feels about their end-user, customer?The CBS affiliate review(?) also mentioned, "No typing." CBS did not mention the "No Typing" feature is also on the i-Pad2 in the form of Dragon.I own the i-Pad2. Love Dragon's "Tap to Dictate" feature which can then be converted to text and emailed. Love love love it.Apple says the new i-Pad is designed to work better with the new 4G network. To which I reply,"Big deal."I bought the i-Pad2 and the Wi-Fi separately, to also use on my laptop. I use independent 4G for that because I have an i-Pad2 and a laptop as Apple products don't always play well with others.Analysis: Apple's i-Pad3 release is more about killing the competition, (when has Apple ever had a price reduction) such as Kindle and Amazon. The i-Pad3 is not about wowing consumers. Shoot, Apple's rushing the new i-Pad out the door so fast they didn't have time to think of a name.Consumers: Brace yourselfBut, it's now 6:30a.m. and my local CBS affiliate is now running as news, Apple's clip....with promises of more Apple hype in the next hour.

I Pad3

I Pad3

I Pad3

I Pad3

I Pad3

I Pad3

I Pad3

I Pad3

I Pad3

I Pad3

I Pad3

I Pad3

I Pad3

I Pad3

I Pad3

I Pad3

I Pad3

No comments:

Post a Comment